Oxford Study Programme (Arts & Humanities Track): "Tradition and Innovation"
Dates: 25 July - 7 August 2020
Application Deadline: 7 June 2020
1. Good academic performance (Please provide academic transcripts as a reference).
2. English proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing (please provide English test scores, such as TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, CET-4 or/and CET-6).
3. Broad academic interest, strong intellectual curiosity, and strong sense of social responsibility.
4. Being able to actively interact with teachers and students at the University of Oxford.
5. Those who wish to apply to study in the UK are given priority.
How to Apply:
1. Please fill out the application form by clicking on "Apply now!". Please note that your information will not be saved if you close your browser before submitting the application form. Please have the following information ready in order to fill in the form: your passport information, full postal address with its post code, GPA, English test results, details on any health conditions you may have, emergency contact information.
The application form must be filled out and submitted before the application deadline 7 June 2020.
2. Normally within three working days of receiving the registration form, the Admissions Team will arrange an online interview with the applicant (alternatively, our collaborating institutions may conduct interviews). The admission notice will be issued soon after the interview together with the Programme Agreement.
3. Within three working days after being admitted to the Programme, the successful applicants need to:
(1) Fill out and sign the Programme Agreement sent by the Admission Team to you and email a scanned copy of the signed Programme Agreement to the Programme Manager whose contact email information can be found below.
(2) Pay the full course fee £3400 or the amount which is pre-agreed with the Admissions Team (which includes a non-refundable application fee of £550 for registration and accommodation deposit). The admitted applicants should also pay all relevant bank fees (for both sending and receiving payments) involved in international bank transfers.
(3) Book return international flight to the UK. (It is highly
recommended that the programme attendees will purchase flexible tickets which
allow for changing and cancelling the flights.) The Programme Manager may
provide advice and assistance to the applicants on the purchase of international
air tickets, and recommend reliable and trustworthy international flight ticket
4. Normally within 5 working days after the Admissions Team
receiving the signed Programme Agreement and the Programme Fee from an admitted
applicant, a formal invitation and an updated course introduction will be
issued for visa application purposes.
5. Each invitee is responsible for applying for his or her own visa to come to the UK. The Admissions team may recommend visa application agencies to help the invitees to apply for their visas. It is up to the invitees to choose to listen to the advice of the agency recommended by the Admissions Team and prepare all the relevant documents and other required materials timely. Invitees are required to apply for “Short-term Study Visa” to participate in the programme. (Please refer to the UK visa and immigration official websites or relevant websites for more information.) The invitees should submit visa application forms and supporting materials to the UK visa centres established by the UK Visa and Immigration Office in his or her country of residence (for example, there are UK visa centres in 15 Chinese cities: Beijing, Shenyang, Jinan, Wuhan, Chongqing, Chengdu, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Changsha, Xi’an, Fuzhou and Kunming) no later than 10 June 2020. Before submitting visa application forms and supporting materials to the visa centres, the invitees shall fill in the application form and make an appointment on the UK Visa and Immigration website in advance (if using a visa agent, the invitees can entrust the visa agent to
assist with filling in the form and making an appointment), and pay the visa
application fee. The normal processing time for a visa application is about
three weeks. We strongly advise that those admitted into the Oxford Study
Programme who start their visa applications after 15 June 2020 use the express visa
6. Within three working days after receiving visas, invitees should do the following:
(1) Purchase international travel insurance (with a comprehensive coverage);
(2) Email the scanned passport, visa, flight information of the return trip and insurance policy to the Admissions Team.
This fee includes the following main costs:
(2) the costs of meals, accommodation, transportation, activities, and trips during the course (from the afternoon of 25 July 2020 to the morning of 7 August 2020, please refer to the Programme timetable for specific arrangements)
(3) tuition fee and study materials
(4) the management fee and staffing cost of the course (including pre-arrival services)
(5) airport pick-up services and drop-off services at London Heathrow Airport
(6) programme photos
(7) Relevant taxes in the UK, etc.
The above fee does not include：
(1) Cost of international flights between the UK and the attendee’s country of residence;
(2) Visa fee and visa application agent fee;
(3) Overseas travel insurance, aviation accident insurance and other relevant insurances;
(4) Overweight baggage charge, communication costs and personal expenses in the UK (e.g., shopping).
At the end of your application you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand the following declaration:
The policy provisions are to ensure that SEE collects, uses and stores the personal information and data of Attendees in accordance the principles set out in (i) the Data Protection Act 2018, (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for so long as the GDPR is effective in the UK, and (iii) any successor legislation to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR, in particular the Data Protection Bill 2017-2019.
Address: Summit Education Enterprise, Oxford Centre for Innovation, New Road, Oxford OX1 1BY, United Kingdom
Programme Manager: Beatriz Santos
UK Contact Phone: 0044 (0)1865 546627; WeChat: summit-oxford