Science Research at the Cutting Edge
Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford
Dates: 2-18 August 2020
Application Deadline: 31 May 2020
Application Procedures after submission of application
- The Organisers will normally notify the applicant within three working days upon receipt of his or her application package to arrange an oral interview before the Selection Panel makes the final decision.
- During the interview each applicant’s English language proficiency will be tested. Applicants will be notified of the results of their applications normally within three working days after the interview.
- Normally within five working days after each applicant has been notified of his or her acceptance into one of the programmes, an acceptance email with Programme Terms and Conditions and an invoice will be emailed to him or her.
- Those who have been accepted into the programme will need to do the following within three working days after having been sent the acceptance email and an invoice:
(1) Sign the Programme Terms and Conditions form sent by the Organisers and email the scanned agreement to the Organisers.
(2) Pay the entire programme fee through international bank transfer. This includes the non-refundable application fee £975 and the rest of the programme fee £3,025. Information about payment methods will be provided in the acceptance email.
Cancellation policy: Participants may cancel their enrolment by giving notice in writing by 18 June 2019. Any fees paid, with the exception of the non-refundable application fee £975, will be returned to the participant. Participants who cancel their participation of the course after
19 June 2019 are liable for the following fees (Note: The dates mentioned here are all inclusive).
· Between 19 June 2019 and 2 July 2019: 50% of the programme fee
· After 3 July 2019: 100% of the programme fee
- Attendees who need visas to enter the UK are responsible for obtaining their UK visas in time for their participation of the course. Normally they need to complete the visa application procedure by 10 June 2019. Those who apply for their visas after 10 July 2019 are required by the Organisers of the Course to use the express visa application service.
- Attendees coming from overseas should normally have completed the following by
1 July 2019:
(1) Obtain UK visas (for those who need visas to enter the UK);
(2) Purchase international airplane tickets;
(3) Purchase international travel insurance; and
(4) Email a scanned copy of your passport and visa, as well as your flight information
and insurance policy to the Organisers.
7．The organising personnel of the Summer Course, upon receiving the payment of all costs
and related information via email, will issue a Formal Invitation together with instructions onhow to prepare for the trip and the Summer Course prior to attendees’ arrival.
At the end of your application you will be asked to confirm you have read and understand the following declaration:
I understand that the information provided on this form will be held on the LMH database for the purposes of student administration, subject to the provisions of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The College’s privacy notice relating to Short Academic Programmes can be found here:
I understand that the College will share my personal data with Summit Education Enterprise (Oxford Centre for Innovation, New Road, Oxford OX1 1BY) for the purpose of processing my application, assessing my suitability for acceptance onto the programme, providing pre-arrival information, and providing services during the programme.